About the BlogWelcome to my blog! Here you will find a hodgepodge of various book-related things, including, but not limited to:
- Book reviews
- Books I can't wait to be released
- Spotlights on other websites and blogs
- Links to various book-related articles
- My study abroad experience
- Things I fangirl over, including music, movies, and TV
About MeFirst and foremost, I'm a reader. There are a lot of readers out there who are also authors or aspiring authors, but I'm not one of them. I guess the literature fairy skipped over me when she assigned the writer's itch to the book-loving newborns. Where many express their love of literature by writing, I intend to give back to the community that has inspired me by becoming a part of the publishing industry.
If you ask me where my passion lies, I will tell you young adult books. In the bigger picture, they make it easy for teenagers to discover just how awesome reading is (hopefully turning them into lifelong lovers of literature). Also, I just really love to read it. I hope to someday be a part of the process that guides a book from a writer's head to a reader's hand, but for now I express my love by reviewing books and promoting books instead of creating them.
I also enjoy adult literature and nonfiction books about travel, women in the workplace, and life for college students and recent graduates.
Editorial ExperienceI've had a hodge-podge of various editorial experiences so far at Miami University:
- I'm a part of the founding editorial team for the online literary magazine Turning Page
- I'm the Co-Editor-in-Chief of Mi CUP of TEA, a research publication
- I'm a writing consultant at the Howe Writing Center
- I was a part of Inklings, a literary magazine, for a year as an editorial assistant