Friday, September 12, 2014

Novel Ambition


Hello! Welcome to Novel Ambition, my new-and-improved blog (previously titled Reading is the Thing).
 
As you may have noticed, I haven’t posted anything to this blog since May. Before that the posts were few and far between. Usually, I would use my extra time in the summer to pay more attention to my blog and the blogging community as a whole. But I just wasn’t feeling it. So, I decided to change things up a bit.

My sordid blogging past: 

You see, this is my third attempt at a blog. I kept my first blog in high school. It didn’t look very good (lime green and purple? Really?). It was a classic book blog, which means that I reviewed books, participated in book-themed memes, interacted with others in the book blogging community, and racked up followers by hosting giveaways. I also got free advanced copies of books from publishers so I would review them and post the reviews to my blog. Which was cool.

Eventually this felt too much like an obligation. So I stopped.

Take two. My second blog (this one. Sort of.) was created over winter break my first year of college. To put it mildly, I was bored out of my skull. Since “traditional book blog” was the only thing I knew how to do, I used this blog to review books. I wasn’t motivated enough to really find a place for myself in the book blogger community this time around, so I pretty much just stuck to my own little corner of the internet, posting stiffly formatted book reviews every so often.

As you can imagine, this also got boring. So I stopped.

My Hopes and Dreams for Novel Ambition

How is this blog going to be any different?

Well, for starters, I own the domain www.novelambition.com. Which means that I am serious, dammit. No longer am I one of the many blog.blogspot.com users. I am my own person and I refuse to have a blog that suggests differently.

Content wise, you can still expect to see reviews, but also expect to see other things! Such as a large number of posts pertaining to my upcoming study abroad experience in London!

“But Taylor,” you may be asking, “why didn’t you make a separate blog devoted to studying abroad?"

I thought about it, but decided that I want my blog to be a holistic view of myself. Which includes my study abroad, my life at school, my ambition to become a part of the publishing industry, and my love of books.

Also, for the first time ever, I’m sharing my blog with all of my real-world friends and family! Hi family!*

I intend to keep this blog for a long time. I want it to be a part of my own personal brand, and I want it to reflect the dedication I have to my dreams, the world of publishing, and books. All of the books.

I hope you enjoy taking this journey with me.

Until next time.









 *If you get that this is a Frozen reference, we should be best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day! Thank you!